Georgetown Preparatory School
Service trips are a large part of Prep's Jesuit identity. Students fulfill service hour requirements each year and can travel to such places as New Orleans, South Dakota, Dominican Republic and many other places with classmates.
100% of the class of 2013 will be studying in four year colleges or universities. Top placements over the last three years are Georgetown, Notre Dame, UVA, Boston College, University of Pennsylvania, and Duke. Students in the class of 2013 will also matriculate to Yale, Cornell, Stanford, Harvard, and NYU
- Georgetown Preparatory School, one of the oldest boys' schools in America, is the only Jesuit boarding school in the country.
- The average graduate takes 5 A.P. courses with 80% of scores qualifying for college credit.
- 82% of the boys play interscholastic sports. The school's interscholastic athletic, forensics and fine arts programs enjoy national recognition.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Loyola College in Maryland Since Georgetown Prep is a Jesuit high school, we were required to preform a certain amount of community service over the course of the year as well as over the summer and write reflections on. . .
- University of Texas at Austin I believe the focus on Jesuit values is a unique aspect that distinguishes Georgetown Prep from other preparatory schools. The dedication to understanding the role of religion and spirituality in my life was in. . .
- Concordia University There are many unique features which make Prep a great place. It's location is one of those features. Most boarding schools I visited were situated in small town with little to do. Prep is located. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Georgetown||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||90 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||492 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1975||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||28||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||16 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||25||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$20 million||$17 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$19,000||$22,700|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 5||Jan. 15|
|Average Percentile SSAT||60%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Brett Graham '92|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Robert J. Begin|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||26||23|
|Extracurriculars||Arrupe Society (Service), Asian Pacific Club, Black Student Union, Booster Club, Chess Club, Computer Club, Dramatics, Fencing Club, Forensics Club, International Relations Club, Intramural Sports, Math Club, Model UN/Model OAS Delegations, National Honor Society, Oasis Music Club, Photography Club, Political Review (Editorial Magazine), Prep Singers, Ski Club, Somos Amigos (Service), Speech and Debate, Student Alumni Association, Student Government, The Blue and Gray (Literary Magazine), The Cupola (Yearbook), The Little Hoya (Newspaper)|
|Year: 2006 - 2008||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Notre Dame University||15|
|University of Maryland Honors Program||15|
|University of Virginia||14|
|University of Pennsylvania||11|
|William and Mary||7|
- Georgetown Preparatory School, the oldest boys' school in America is the only Jesuit boarding school in the country. The average graduate takes 5 A.P. courses with 80% of scores qualifying for college credit. 82% of the boys play interscholastic sports. The school's interscholastic athletic, forensics and fine arts programs enjoy national recognition.Georgetown Prep is located in a suburban setting near the National Institutes of Health and the Bethesda Naval Medical Center. The school is located at the Grosvenor Station of the Washington Metro's Red Line. The school is 35 minutes from each of Washington's major airports. Prep alumni include Brian Cashman '85 (General Manager - New York Yankees), Senator Christopher Dodd '62 (United States Senator), A.J. Wood '91 (U.S. National Soccer Player and former Olympian), Mo Rocca '87 (Comedian, formerly of the The Daily Show), William Bidwill '49 (Owner - NFL's Arizona Cardinals) and many other successful graduates. Prep families also include the Kennedys and the family of George Washington.
- School accreditations: Middle States, Maryland Dept. of Education
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Brian Cashman '85 - General Manager - New York Yankees
- Christopher Dodd '62 - United States Senator
- A.J. Wood '91 - U.S. National Soccer Player
- Mo Rocca '87 - Comedian
- William Bidwill '49 - Owner - Arizona Cardinals (NFL)
- Roy Hibbert '04 - Indiana Pacers Basketball
- Submit Review for Georgetown Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
January 16, 2018
Several things make boarding school special. The learning, the community, the sports. All these and more.
January 16, 2018
Sending your son or daughter to a progressive school sounds like a real leap of faith. It is, that is, until you look more closely at the kind of education your child will receive. Then you will understand the idealism in action which progressive schools embody.
January 16, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.