Georgetown Preparatory School
Georgetown Preparatory School Photo #2 - Boland Hall is the home to many of Prep's 110 resident students. Our campus is less than 5 miles from the Nation's Capital
Georgetown Preparatory School Photo #3 - Service trips are a large part of Prep's Jesuit identity. Students fulfill service hour requirements each year and can travel to such places as New Orleans, South Dakota, Dominican Republic and many other places with classmates.
Georgetown Preparatory School Photo #5 - School spirit and camaraderie create lasting memories and life-long friendships.
Georgetown Preparatory School Photo #8 - 100% of the class of 2013 will be studying in four year colleges or universities. Top placements over the last three years are Georgetown, Notre Dame, UVA, Boston College, University of Pennsylvania, and Duke. Students in the class of 2013 will also matriculate to Yale, Cornell, Stanford, Harvard, and NYU
- Georgetown Preparatory School, one of the oldest boys' schools in America, is the only Jesuit boarding school in the country.
- The average graduate takes 5 A.P. courses with 80% of scores qualifying for college credit.
- 82% of the boys play interscholastic sports. The school's interscholastic athletic, forensics and fine arts programs enjoy national recognition.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Loyola College in Maryland Since Georgetown Prep is a Jesuit high school, we were required to preform a certain amount of community service over the course of the year as well as over the summer and write reflections on. . .
- University of Texas at Austin I believe the focus on Jesuit values is a unique aspect that distinguishes Georgetown Prep from other preparatory schools. The dedication to understanding the role of religion and spirituality in my life was in. . .
- Concordia University There are many unique features which make Prep a great place. It's location is one of those features. Most boarding schools I visited were situated in small town with little to do. Prep is located. . .
Top 20 Placements
Georgetown Preparatory School is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 305 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Georgetown||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||90 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||494 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1400||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||28||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, tie and jacket)
|Average Class Size||16 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||25||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$20.5 million||$22 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$19,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 7||Jan. 15|
|Average Percentile SSAT||60%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Brett Graham '92|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Robert J. Begin|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||23||24|
|Extracurriculars||Alpine Skiing & Snowboarding, Arrupe Society (Service), Band, Chorus, Drama, Forensics, Big Buddies, Crafts Club, Drama & Drama Tech, Dramatic Society, French National Honor Society, Gap Players, Horizons Literary Magazine, Horticulture Club, K Club (Campus Tours), Ropes Challenge Course, Speech and Debate, Student Alumni Association, Student Government, The Blue and Gray (Literary Magazine), The Cupola (Yearbook), The Little Hoya (Newspaper), Walden Club|
|Year: 2006 - 2008||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Notre Dame University||15|
|University of Maryland Honors Program||15|
|University of Virginia||14|
|University of Pennsylvania||11|
|William and Mary||7|
- Georgetown Preparatory School, the oldest boys' school in America is the only Jesuit boarding school in the country. The average graduate takes 5 A.P. courses with 80% of scores qualifying for college credit. 82% of the boys play interscholastic sports. The school's interscholastic athletic, forensics and fine arts programs enjoy national recognition.Georgetown Prep is located in a suburban setting near the National Institutes of Health and the Bethesda Naval Medical Center. The school is located at the Grosvenor Station of the Washington Metro's Red Line. The school is 35 minutes from each of Washington's major airports. Prep alumni include Brian Cashman '85 (General Manager - New York Yankees), Senator Christopher Dodd '62 (United States Senator), A.J. Wood '91 (U.S. National Soccer Player and former Olympian), Mo Rocca '87 (Comedian, formerly of the The Daily Show), William Bidwill '49 (Owner - NFL's Arizona Cardinals) and many other successful graduates. Prep families also include the Kennedys and the family of George Washington.
- Georgetown Preparatory School accreditations: Middle States, Maryland Dept. of Education
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Brian Cashman '85 - General Manager - New York Yankees
- Christopher Dodd '62 - United States Senator
- A.J. Wood '91 - U.S. National Soccer Player
- Mo Rocca '87 - Comedian
- Michael Bidwill '83 - Owner - Arizona Cardinals (NFL)
- Roy Hibbert '04 - Indiana Pacers Basketball
- Neil Gorsuch '85 - Associate Justice, Supreme Court of the United States
- Brett Kavanaugh '83 - 'Associate Justice, Supreme Court of the United States
- Jerome Powell '71 - Chair of the Federal Reserve
- Submit Review for Georgetown Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
A boarding school is a business. Is your business on brand?