Highest Percentage of Students Color
- Among "All-Girls Schools", view the boarding schools with the highest percentage of students of color (2020).
- For several key reasons (listed below), these comparisons are intended only as informal reference points for evaluating the diversity at a school.
- Defining "students of color" is not always a clear-cut issue, and schools sometimes use slightly differing definitions when reporting data.
- Boarding school populations can reflect regional populations (naturally, boarding students would still rather be closer than farther to their families) - it will be natural for schools in less diverse regions to have a less diverse student body than schools in other areas, and this should not reflect poorly on the school in any way.
The Madeira School Photo - Madeira's 376-acre campus in McLean, Virginia, overlooks the Potomac River from a perch just 12 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.
Garrison Forest School Photo - View of Shriver Hall, which houses the health suite and dorm rooms for boarders.
Chatham Hall Photo - Whether you ve been riding your whole life or have always wanted to you can find a place in our program. The Chatham Hall campus is home to more than 30 horses, three teaching arenas, a permanent Hunter Trials course, and plenty of trails. We teach hunt seat the Modern Forward Riding System with an emphasis on horse and rider
Dana Hall School Photo - Experimentation. Exploration. Creativity. Dana Hall`s visual artists are sensitive observers of themselves and the world around them.
Miss Hall's School Photo - "The best thing about MHS is how friendly everyone is and how easy it is to become part of the community. I had an abundance of new friends on the first day of orientation, and I had bonded with my teachers by the end of the first week of classes." - Current Student
St. Margaret's School Photo - BELIEVE IN SOMETHING GREATER. * What kind of person will you be? Honest? Trustworthy? Responsible? * Our honor code inspires a culture of honesty and promotes trust in one another. * We have confidence that you will do the right thing, even when no one is watching. * We believe in you.
Buffalo Seminary Photo - Our one-to-one tablet computer program gives each girl instant access to a wealth of information.
Oldfields School Photo - Our renowned equestrian program takes learning out of the classroom and into the barn.
St. Timothy's School Photo - The Commons is equal parts living room and dining room. The newest building on campus, the Commons is a gathering space that houses the dining hall and the new Redlands Cafe.
Highest Percentage of Students Color (2020)
Among All-Girls Schools (out of 21 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % Students of Color Grades Location
- 5.Rank: #5 30%-35%
Grades: 8-12 | Pre-K-12 (day)
300 Garrison Forest Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
- 6.-12.Rank: #6-1225%-30%
Grades: 9-12, PG | 6-12, PG (day)
230 Bushy Hill Road
Simsbury, CT 06070
- 13.-16.Rank: #13-16 20%-25%
Grades: 9-12, PG
205 Bidwell Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14222
- 17.-21.Rank: #17-21 <20%
54 W. Main Street Box 691
Baltic, CT 06330
- 17.-21.Rank: #17-21<20%
900 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
Top School Listings by Category (2020)
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.