Highest Percentage of Students Color
- Among "All-Girls Schools", view the boarding schools with the highest percentage of students of color (2019-20).
- For several key reasons (listed below), these comparisons are intended only as informal reference points for evaluating the diversity at a school.
- Defining "students of color" is not always a clear-cut issue, and schools sometimes use slightly differing definitions when reporting data.
- Boarding school populations can reflect regional populations (naturally, boarding students would still rather be closer than farther to their families) - it will be natural for schools in less diverse regions to have a less diverse student body than schools in other areas, and this should not reflect poorly on the school in any way.
Purnell School Photo - Ninth grade students work on creating their own Advice Blog during their Seminar Class. Their blog is a part of Purnell's award-winning Affinities Program.
Garrison Forest School Photo - View of Shriver Hall, which houses the health suite and dorm rooms for boarders.
Saint Mary's School Photo - Saint Mary's School, established in 1842, is an independent, Episcopal, college-preparatory boarding and day school for girls in grades 9-12 in Raleigh, North Carolina. It is the fourth oldest girls' boarding/day school in the United States.
The Madeira School Photo - Madeira's 376-acre campus in McLean, Virginia, overlooks the Potomac River from a perch just 12 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.
Chatham Hall Photo - Whether you ve been riding your whole life or have always wanted to you can find a place in our program. The Chatham Hall campus is home to more than 30 horses, three teaching arenas, a permanent Hunter Trials course, and plenty of trails. We teach hunt seat the Modern Forward Riding System with an emphasis on horse and rider
St. Timothy's School Photo - The Commons is equal parts living room and dining room. The newest building on campus, the Commons is a gathering space that houses the dining hall and the new Redlands Cafe.
Dana Hall School Photo - Experimentation. Exploration. Creativity. Dana Hall`s visual artists are sensitive observers of themselves and the world around them.
Miss Hall's School Photo - The Athletic Department at Miss Hall's instills in student-athletes the values of fitness, teamwork, and competition while inspiring each girl to master physical skills, envision her potential, strive to attain goals, build confidence, and experience the power of community pride.
Oldfields School Photo - Our renowned equestrian program takes learning out of the classroom and into the barn.
Highest Percentage of Students Color (2019-20)
Among All-Girls Schools (out of 22 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % Students of Color Grades Location
- 6.Rank: #6 30%-35%
Grades: 8-12 | Pre-K-12 (day)
300 Garrison Forest Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
- 7.-13.Rank: #7-1325%-30%
Grades: 9-12, PG | 6-12, PG (day)
230 Bushy Hill Road
Simsbury, CT 06070
- 14.-17.Rank: #14-17 20%-25%
Grades: 9-12, PG
205 Bidwell Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14222
- 18.-22.Rank: #18-22 <20%
54 W. Main Street Box 691
Baltic, CT 06330
- 18.-22.Rank: #18-22<20%
900 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
Top School Listings by Category (2019-20)
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. In this article, we focus on American private high schools which offer the Diploma Programme.
Learn how financial aid works in boarding schools.
Teaching in a residential school brings its own challenges as well as some very powerful advantages. Here's how to survive your stint as a teacher in a boarding school.