Highest Percentage of Students on Financial Aid
- Among "All-Girls Schools", view the boarding schools with the highest percentage of students on financial aid (2018-19).
- Keep in mind that challenging and creative education programs at boarding schools require a substantial amount of resources.
- Generally, the full cost of educating a student at any boarding school exceeds the cost of tuition by several thousand dollars - schools rely on other revenue sources (e.g., endowments, annual giving, etc.) in addition to tuition revenue to cover their costs.
- In that sense, all students at boarding schools receive financial aid.
- When schools offer "financial aid" (in the traditional sense of the phrase) to reduce tuition, those reductions are in addition to the already subsidized cost of full tuition.
- Keep this in mind when assessing the full value that boarding schools provide for your investment.
Saint Mary's School Photo - Saint Mary's School, established in 1842, is an independent, Episcopal, college-preparatory boarding and day school for girls in grades 9-12 in Raleigh, North Carolina. It is the fourth oldest girls' boarding/day school in the United States.
Stoneleigh-Burnham School Photo - Stoneleigh-Burnham offers one of the premier equestrian centers among secondary schools in the U.S. Our equestrian center is located on campus and that means girls can walk from their classes and dorm rooms directly to the barn. Every rider, from the complete novice to the advanced jumper, receives personalized instruction from experienced coaches that reflects her interests, goals, and abilities.
St. Timothy's School Photo - The Commons is equal parts living room and dining room. The newest building on campus, the Commons is a gathering space that houses the dining hall and the new Redlands Cafe.
Miss Hall's School Photo - The Athletic Department at Miss Hall's instills in student-athletes the values of fitness, teamwork, and competition while inspiring each girl to master physical skills, envision her potential, strive to attain goals, build confidence, and experience the power of community pride.
Oldfields School Photo - PERFORMING ARTS* Three theater productions each year* Plethora of dance and theater classes offered during the academic day* Oldfields Dance Company* Opportunities to perform off-campus(PICTURE: Members of the Oldfields Dance Company)
Dana Hall School Photo - Teams sports are not the only avenue for Dana students to gain the essential health benefits of fitness and athletics.
Purnell School Photo - Ninth grade students work on creating their own Advice Blog during their Seminar Class. Their blog is a part of Purnell's award-winning Affinities Program.
Garrison Forest School Photo - View of Shriver Hall, which houses the health suite and dorm rooms for boarders.
Buffalo Seminary Photo - Our one-to-one tablet computer program gives each girl instant access to a wealth of information.
Chatham Hall Photo - Whether you ve been riding your whole life or have always wanted to you can find a place in our program. The Chatham Hall campus is home to more than 30 horses, three teaching arenas, a permanent Hunter Trials course, and plenty of trails. We teach hunt seat the Modern Forward Riding System with an emphasis on horse and rider
Highest Percentage of Students on Financial Aid (2018-19)
Among All-Girls Schools (out of 23 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % Students on Aid Grades Location
- 1. >70%
54 W. Main Street Box 691
Baltic, CT 06330
Grades: 9-12, PG | 6-12, PG (day)
230 Bushy Hill Road
Simsbury, CT 06070
- 9.-12. 40%-50%
Grades: 9-12, PG
205 Bidwell Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14222
Grades: 8-12 | Pre-K-12 (day)
300 Garrison Forest Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
900 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
440 St. Katherine Dr.
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
Grades: 8-12 | Pre-K-12 (day)
11600 Welch Road
Dallas, TX 75229
Top School Listings by Category (2018-19)
Learn about the Post-Graduate(PG) Year, and how it can benefit certain students.
Boarding Schools in a Minute gives an overview of independent residential schools in North America.
No shortcuts exist to filling the seats in your private school. It requires savvy, effective marketing. More here.