Highest Percentage of Students on Financial Aid
- Among "All-Girls Schools", view the boarding schools with the highest percentage of students on financial aid (2018-19).
- Keep in mind that challenging and creative education programs at boarding schools require a substantial amount of resources.
- Generally, the full cost of educating a student at any boarding school exceeds the cost of tuition by several thousand dollars - schools rely on other revenue sources (e.g., endowments, annual giving, etc.) in addition to tuition revenue to cover their costs.
- In that sense, all students at boarding schools receive financial aid.
- When schools offer "financial aid" (in the traditional sense of the phrase) to reduce tuition, those reductions are in addition to the already subsidized cost of full tuition.
- Keep this in mind when assessing the full value that boarding schools provide for your investment.
Garrison Forest School Photo - View of Shriver Hall, which houses the health suite and dorm rooms for boarders.
The Madeira School Photo - Madeira's 376-acre campus in McLean, Virginia, overlooks the Potomac River from a perch just 12 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.
Stoneleigh-Burnham School Photo - Stoneleigh-Burnham offers one of the premier equestrian centers among secondary schools in the U.S. Our equestrian center is located on campus and that means girls can walk from their classes and dorm rooms directly to the barn. Every rider, from the complete novice to the advanced jumper, receives personalized instruction from experienced coaches that reflects her interests, goals, and abilities.
Chatham Hall Photo - Whether you ve been riding your whole life or have always wanted to you can find a place in our program. The Chatham Hall campus is home to more than 30 horses, three teaching arenas, a permanent Hunter Trials course, and plenty of trails. We teach hunt seat the Modern Forward Riding System with an emphasis on horse and rider
Dana Hall School Photo - Teams sports are not the only avenue for Dana students to gain the essential health benefits of fitness and athletics.
St. Margaret's School Photo - BELIEVE IN SOMETHING GREATER. * What kind of person will you be? Honest? Trustworthy? Responsible? * Our honor code inspires a culture of honesty and promotes trust in one another. * We have confidence that you will do the right thing, even when no one is watching. * We believe in you.
Saint Mary's School Photo - Saint Mary's School, established in 1842, is an independent, Episcopal, college-preparatory boarding and day school for girls in grades 9-12 in Raleigh, North Carolina. It is the fourth oldest girls' boarding/day school in the United States.
Purnell School Photo - Ninth grade students work on creating their own Advice Blog during their Seminar Class. Their blog is a part of Purnell's award-winning Affinities Program.
Buffalo Seminary Photo - Our one-to-one tablet computer program gives each girl instant access to a wealth of information.
Miss Hall's School Photo - The Athletic Department at Miss Hall's instills in student-athletes the values of fitness, teamwork, and competition while inspiring each girl to master physical skills, envision her potential, strive to attain goals, build confidence, and experience the power of community pride.
Highest Percentage of Students on Financial Aid (2018-19)
Among All-Girls Schools (out of 23 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % Students on Aid Grades Location
- 1. >70%
54 W. Main Street Box 691
Baltic, CT 06330
Grades: 9-12, PG | 6-12, PG (day)
230 Bushy Hill Road
Simsbury, CT 06070
- 9.-12. 40%-50%
Grades: 9-12, PG
205 Bidwell Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14222
Grades: 8-12 | Pre-K-12 (day)
300 Garrison Forest Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
900 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
440 St. Katherine Dr.
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
Grades: 8-12 | Pre-K-12 (day)
11600 Welch Road
Dallas, TX 75229
Top School Listings by Category (2018-19)
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
You and I have experienced all kinds of travel glitches. Discuss your child's upcoming travel plans thoroughly so that your child will be safe and in charge of her travel. The result will be peace of mind for you both.