Highest Percentage of Students on Financial Aid
- Among "All-Girls Schools", view the boarding schools with the highest percentage of students on financial aid (2019-20).
- Keep in mind that challenging and creative education programs at boarding schools require a substantial amount of resources.
- Generally, the full cost of educating a student at any boarding school exceeds the cost of tuition by several thousand dollars - schools rely on other revenue sources (e.g., endowments, annual giving, etc.) in addition to tuition revenue to cover their costs.
- In that sense, all students at boarding schools receive financial aid.
- When schools offer "financial aid" (in the traditional sense of the phrase) to reduce tuition, those reductions are in addition to the already subsidized cost of full tuition.
- Keep this in mind when assessing the full value that boarding schools provide for your investment.
St. Timothy's School Photo - The Commons is equal parts living room and dining room. The newest building on campus, the Commons is a gathering space that houses the dining hall and the new Redlands Cafe.
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart Photo - Situated on 19 acres, the Forest Ridge campus is home to 9 different buildings, including the Lee Theatre and Performing Arts Center and Shumway Field. In 2006, the school added a new High School building and Sacred Heart Center.
The Madeira School Photo - Madeira's 376-acre campus in McLean, Virginia, overlooks the Potomac River from a perch just 12 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.
Stoneleigh-Burnham School Photo - Stoneleigh-Burnham offers one of the premier equestrian centers among secondary schools in the U.S. Our equestrian center is located on campus and that means girls can walk from their classes and dorm rooms directly to the barn. Every rider, from the complete novice to the advanced jumper, receives personalized instruction from experienced coaches that reflects her interests, goals, and abilities.
Chatham Hall Photo - Whether you ve been riding your whole life or have always wanted to you can find a place in our program. The Chatham Hall campus is home to more than 30 horses, three teaching arenas, a permanent Hunter Trials course, and plenty of trails. We teach hunt seat the Modern Forward Riding System with an emphasis on horse and rider
Garrison Forest School Photo - View of Shriver Hall, which houses the health suite and dorm rooms for boarders.
Saint Mary's School Photo - Saint Mary's School, established in 1842, is an independent, Episcopal, college-preparatory boarding and day school for girls in grades 9-12 in Raleigh, North Carolina. It is the fourth oldest girls' boarding/day school in the United States.
Buffalo Seminary Photo - Our one-to-one tablet computer program gives each girl instant access to a wealth of information.
Dana Hall School Photo - Experimentation. Exploration. Creativity. Dana Hall`s visual artists are sensitive observers of themselves and the world around them.
St. Margaret's School Photo - BELIEVE IN SOMETHING GREATER. * What kind of person will you be? Honest? Trustworthy? Responsible? * Our honor code inspires a culture of honesty and promotes trust in one another. * We have confidence that you will do the right thing, even when no one is watching. * We believe in you.
Miss Hall's School Photo - The Athletic Department at Miss Hall's instills in student-athletes the values of fitness, teamwork, and competition while inspiring each girl to master physical skills, envision her potential, strive to attain goals, build confidence, and experience the power of community pride.
Highest Percentage of Students on Financial Aid (2019-20)
Among All-Girls Schools (out of 21 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % Students on Aid Grades Location
- 1.Rank: #1 >70%
54 W. Main Street Box 691
Baltic, CT 06330
- 2.-6.Rank: #2-650%-60%
Grades: 9-12, PG | 6-12, PG (day)
230 Bushy Hill Road
Simsbury, CT 06070
- 7.-13.Rank: #7-13 40%-50%
Grades: 9-12, PG
205 Bidwell Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14222
- 7.-13.Rank: #7-1340%-50%
Grades: 8-12 | Pre-K-12 (day)
300 Garrison Forest Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
- 14.-19.Rank: #14-19 30%-40%
Grades: 9-12, PG | 5-12, PG (day)
4800 139th Avenue SE
Bellevue, WA 98006
- 14.-19.Rank: #14-1930%-40%
900 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
Top School Listings by Category (2019-20)
Whether a school uses the Harkness Table™ or doesn't use the Harkness Table™ is a matter of teaching style worth exploring in some detail.
Teaching in a residential school brings its own challenges as well as some very powerful advantages. Here's how to survive your stint as a teacher in a boarding school.
Applying to boarding school is a long process with many parts to it. This checklist will help you organize the process and manage your time efficiently.