Highest Percentage of Students on Financial Aid
- Among "All-Boys Schools", view the boarding schools with the highest percentage of students on financial aid (2018-19).
- Keep in mind that challenging and creative education programs at boarding schools require a substantial amount of resources.
- Generally, the full cost of educating a student at any boarding school exceeds the cost of tuition by several thousand dollars - schools rely on other revenue sources (e.g., endowments, annual giving, etc.) in addition to tuition revenue to cover their costs.
- In that sense, all students at boarding schools receive financial aid.
- When schools offer "financial aid" (in the traditional sense of the phrase) to reduce tuition, those reductions are in addition to the already subsidized cost of full tuition.
- Keep this in mind when assessing the full value that boarding schools provide for your investment.
Riverside Military Academy Photo - Riverside Military Academy cadet officers stand at attention during a parade on Maginnis Field.
Chaminade College Preparatory School Photo - Chaminade's student to teacher ratio is 10:1, with an average class size of 17 students.
Eaglebrook School Photo - Eaglebrook School teaches middle school boys the skills they will need for the rest of their lives. Learn more about our Core Skills at https://www.eaglebrook.org/coreskills.
Missouri Military Academy Photo - A cadet at MMA will make life-long friends with boys from around the world. Currently, MMA has cadets from 25 states and 10 foreign countries.
Bridgton Academy Photo - Welcome to Bridgton Academy! Located in the Western Maine foothills and the heart of Maine's Lake Region, we've been preparing young men for the rigors of college and beyond since 1808. We Know PG.
St. Catherine's Academy Photo - St. Catherine's recognizes the important role that athletics plays in the development of a well-rounded young man. Our physical education program and championship athletic teams seek to develop skills and capabilities that reach far beyond the athletic field.
Army and Navy Academy Photo - Our oceanfront campus is a major draw. Located in sunny San Diego, California, our school offers private beach access. We're the only military school in the country with a surf team! There's nothing like relaxing at the beach after a long day of classes.
The Greenwood School Photo - "Makers of Vermont" is a signature program at The Greenwood School in VT, where students learn to craft metal objects and tools in our blacksmith's forge.
Avon Old Farms School Photo - Our 860 acre campus is comprised of breathtaking panoramic vistas; rustic hiking trails; a serene pond for swimming and fishing; and abundant seasonal foliage.
Highest Percentage of Students on Financial Aid (2018-19)
Among All-Boys Schools (out of 31 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % Students on Aid Grades Location
- 1.-3. 60%-70%
Grades: 11-12, PG
PO Box 292
North Bridgton, ME 04057
4129 Lake Shore Road
Hamburg, NY 14075
Grades: 8-12, PG | 7-12, PG (day)
700 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564
500 Christ School Road
Asheville, NC 28704
Grades: 9-12, PG
1888 Brett Lane
Saltsburg, PA 15681
22520 Mount Michael Road
Elkhorn, NE 68022
Grades: 8-12, PG
45 Cottage Road
Oakdale, CT 06370
425 South Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
Grades: 8-12, PG
3042 College St.
Austinburg, OH 44010
404 Robin Hill Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
Grades: 4-8 | K-8 (day)
215 N. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92805
62 Alumni Drive
Canaan, NH 03741
14 Greenwood Lane
Putney, VT 05346
Grades: 7-12, PG
320 Iwo Jima Blvd
Harlingen, TX 78550
Top School Listings by Category (2018-19)
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.