Highest Percentage of Students on Financial Aid
- Among "All-Boys Schools", view the boarding schools with the highest percentage of students on financial aid (2018-19).
- Keep in mind that challenging and creative education programs at boarding schools require a substantial amount of resources.
- Generally, the full cost of educating a student at any boarding school exceeds the cost of tuition by several thousand dollars - schools rely on other revenue sources (e.g., endowments, annual giving, etc.) in addition to tuition revenue to cover their costs.
- In that sense, all students at boarding schools receive financial aid.
- When schools offer "financial aid" (in the traditional sense of the phrase) to reduce tuition, those reductions are in addition to the already subsidized cost of full tuition.
- Keep this in mind when assessing the full value that boarding schools provide for your investment.
Bridgton Academy Photo - Welcome to Bridgton Academy! Located in the Western Maine foothills and the heart of Maine's Lake Region, we've been preparing young men for the rigors of college and beyond since 1808. We Know PG.
Georgetown Preparatory School Photo - Boland Hall is the home to many of Prep's 110 resident students. Our campus is less than 5 miles from the Nation's Capital
McCallie School Photo - Through coordinate activities with our sister school GPS, our students interact with young women on a daily basis.
St. Catherine's Academy Photo - St. Catherine's recognizes the important role that athletics plays in the development of a well-rounded young man. Our physical education program and championship athletic teams seek to develop skills and capabilities that reach far beyond the athletic field.
Avon Old Farms School Photo - Our 860 acre campus is comprised of breathtaking panoramic vistas; rustic hiking trails; a serene pond for swimming and fishing; and abundant seasonal foliage.
The Greenwood School Photo - "Makers of Vermont" is a signature program at The Greenwood School in VT, where students learn to craft metal objects and tools in our blacksmith's forge.
Eaglebrook School Photo - Eaglebrook School teaches middle school boys the skills they will need for the rest of their lives. Learn more about our Core Skills at https://www.eaglebrook.org/coreskills.
Marine Military Academy Photo - All Marine Military Academy (MMA)Cadets participate in public parades held throughout the year. All parades are held on the MMA Parade Grounds directly adjacent to the Iwo Jima Monument, located at 320 Iwo Jima Boulevard in Harlingen, next to Valley International Airport. MMA’s Honor Band and Silent Drill Team performs at most parades with the exception of summer camp and introductory training graduations.
Trinity-Pawling School Photo - We teach our art classes in a step-by-step manner-how to match pitch, to throw a pot, to draw a line. Even if you think you're not artistic, you'll build on these skills over time so you can develop your own creativity and awaken the artist in you.
Highest Percentage of Students on Financial Aid (2018-19)
Among All-Boys Schools (out of 31 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % Students on Aid Grades Location
- 1.-3. 60%-70%
Grades: 11-12, PG
PO Box 292
North Bridgton, ME 04057
4129 Lake Shore Road
Hamburg, NY 14075
Grades: 8-12, PG | 7-12, PG (day)
700 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564
500 Christ School Road
Asheville, NC 28704
Grades: 9-12, PG
1888 Brett Lane
Saltsburg, PA 15681
22520 Mount Michael Road
Elkhorn, NE 68022
Grades: 8-12, PG
45 Cottage Road
Oakdale, CT 06370
425 South Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
Grades: 8-12, PG
3042 College St.
Austinburg, OH 44010
404 Robin Hill Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
Grades: 4-8 | K-8 (day)
215 N. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92805
62 Alumni Drive
Canaan, NH 03741
14 Greenwood Lane
Putney, VT 05346
Grades: 7-12, PG
320 Iwo Jima Blvd
Harlingen, TX 78550
Top School Listings by Category (2018-19)
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
You can pay for boarding school in several different ways. One option will be right for you.
Graduates of boarding schools end up doing all sorts of things. Many of them become distinguished leaders in their chosen fields.