Landmark is a coeducational boarding and day school offering a full range of customized programs for students with dyslexia and other language-based learning disabilities.
With a college preparatory high school, a middle school, and an elementary school, Landmark is one of the most comprehensive schools serving students with language-based learning disabilities in the United States.
Landmark accepts bright students who are emotionally healthy, motivated to learn, but need remedial help with reading, writing, spelling, listening, speaking as well as mathematics.
With a 1:3 teacher-student ratio, the key to Landmark`s successful model is the daily one-to-one tutorial.
A personalized tutorial curriculum is designed to remediate specific language needs, which may encompass decoding, fluency, phonological awareness, written composition, and organizational skills.
In addition, Landmark offers a Summer Program which combines intensive, academic skill development with recreational activities.
A personalized program including a daily one-to-one tutorial is designed for each student to improve reading, writing, spelling and study skills.
The Summer Program accepts students in grades 1-12, who possess average to superior intelligence, a history of healthy emotional development, and have been diagnosed with a language-based learning disability.
Situated on two beautiful campuses just 25 miles north of Boston, students take advantage of its North Shore location and its many cultural opportunities.
- Finding My Voice - 08/26/2020 - Read a very personal story from one of our recent graduates about how her Landmark experience made a successful high school career and going to college possible.
- A Sense of Adventure - 08/26/2020 - Read about a recent Landmark School graduate who took a chance on a study abroad program in Norway for her junior year of high school which turned out to be ...morea transformational decision. hide
- Making an Impact Through Athletics - 08/26/2020 - Meet two of Landmark High School's recent graduates and find out how they put their stamp on the school and their high school experience through their passion for athletics and ...moretheir natural abilities to lead. hide
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Landmark School is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 306 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Landmark School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||2-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||45 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||476 students||302 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Monthly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and collared shirt)
|Average Class Size||6 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1||7:1|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$6,900|
(•Grades 1–7, Half-Day Academic Program $5,075 •Grades 3–7, Full-Day Academics & Afternoon Activity $7,075 •Grades 8–12, Half-Day Academic Program $5,500 •Grades 8–12, Full-Day Academics & Afternoon Activity $6,600 •Grades 8–12, Residential Program $8,780)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$15 million||$23 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Elizabeth Parker|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Melody O'Neil|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||12||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Community Service Club, MakerSpace - "Steamworks"
Arts and Music Programs:
Fine Art, Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Auto Mechanics, Fitness, Mountain Biking, Music Instruction, Rock Climbing, Technical Theater, Woodworking, Yoga
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Founded in 1971, Landmark School is a coeducational boarding and day school with elementary, middle, and college preparatory high school programs for students with language-based learning disabilities (LBLD).
- Our students are emotionally healthy, motivated to learn and possess average to superior intelligence.
- With a teacher/student ratio of 1:3, Landmark emphasizes daily one-to-one tutorials and an individualized approach to teaching. We focus on skill acquisition and achievement and 92% of Landmark graduates go on to college.
- Students enjoy competitive athletics, performing arts, visual and practical arts, technology electives, clubs and community service.
- The Residential Life Program offers a structured, supportive living and learning environment.
- Summer programs for students in grades 1-12 combine academic skill development with recreational and hands-on activities.
- Landmark is located on two campuses along Boston's beautiful North Shore.
- Landmark is a pioneer in the field of LBLD.
- Landmark`s mission includes an extensive Outreach Program of Professional Development courses, workshops and publications for educators, administrators, clinicians and parents.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia/Language-based Learning Disabilities, such as dyslexia
- Landmark School accreditations: NEASC, NAIS, AISNE, MAAPS, Mass. DOE
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Landmark School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Families who live outside the United States and who are not American citizens or Permanent Residents have to deal with a couple of additional steps when thinking of sending their children to an American boarding school.
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.