Trinity College School
Trinity College School Photo #5 - Osler Hall, home to all of your amazing meals at Trinity College School. Quite possibly the best food available at any boarding school in Canada.
- Trinity College School (TCS) is a co-educational, independent boarding/day school located on 100 acres of rolling countryside in picturesque Port Hope, Ontario, Canada, one hour`s drive east of Toronto.
- Our Senior School, Grades 9-12, includes 465 students, approximately 60% of whom are boarders.
- Established in 1865, TCS is one of Canada's oldest and most respected educational institutions.
- The School places a balanced emphasis on academics, service learning, athletics and the arts as both a long-held TCS tradition and a rethought, reinvigorated approach to 21st-century education.
- Our supportive and close-knit community of students, parents, alumni, staff, and friends make the School on the Hill a truly special place.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Trinity College School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades 5-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||100 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||22|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$53 million|
|Tuition international students||$68,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$20,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Kathy LaBranche|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Jon Holmes|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||20 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cricket, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- For more than 150 years, Trinity College School (TCS) has been internationally recognized for excellence in educating young people. It is no surprise that our challenging and encouraging environment has helped TCS graduates gain entrance to top universities around the world and that our alumni are leaders in their communities. But this is just half the story. TCS has always been keenly involved in character development, as reflected in our mission, "developing habits of the heart and mind for a life of purpose and service."
- Given the challenges facing our planet today, we know our students will be called upon to lead their communities, their colleagues, their cause and, in some cases, their countries. If we are to best prepare our students to meet these challenges, we must inspire them to become leaders of character, purpose, and vision. At TCS we think that the quality of character determines the quality of a leader. As such, we challenge our students to establish worthy goals and to act to good purpose. We cultivate integrity in our students. We encourage honest and constructive conduct. And, on the strength of our people, our programme, and our place, we help to develop leaders who are broad-minded, intelligent, thoughtful and confident.
- LD types supported: Contact us for details
- Trinity College School accreditations: TABS, CAIS, CIS
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Trinity College School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12| 1000 students 2144.2 miles3400 Richmond Road
Victoria, Canada V8P 4P5
Learn how financial aid works in boarding schools.
The Association of Boarding Schools has a common admissions application form which simplifies the admissions application process.
Teaching in a residential school brings its own challenges as well as some very powerful advantages. Here's how to survive your stint as a teacher in a boarding school.