St. George's School, Vancouver
- Grades: (Boarding) 8-12
- Enrollment: 1,150 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $57,600
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $26,000
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
(Range: $57,600 - $78,300 CAD)
(Range: $26,000 - $41,300 CAD)
AP / Advanced Courses
Anime Comics Games, Bee Keeping, Business Club, Ceramics Club, Chess Club, Community Leadership, Competitive Math, Computer Science Club, Debate Club, Destination Imagination, Duke of Edinburgh, Dungeons and Dragons, Each One Teach One, Esports, Film Club, Foosball, Gender Sexuality Alliance (GSA), Global Perspectives Community Service, Green Machine Recycling, Investment Club, Journalism, Law Club, Library Monitors, Makers, Marketing Club, Math Challengers, Model United Nations, Odd Squad Peer Tutoring, Portfolio (Writing), Public Speaking, Radio Control, Robotics, Schoolreach Quiz Teams, Sew You Can Cook, STEM Club, Summit Club, Table Top Games, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Design Club, Guitar Club, Improv Club, Jazz Combo, Life Drawing, Literary and Art Publication, Open Studio Art, Portfolio (Art), Saints Players Theatre Co. (Theatre Production)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Curling, Fitness, Snowboarding, Table Tennis, Triathlon, Yoga
- Our Mission: Building Fine Young Men, One Boy at a Time.
- St. George`s School is a world-class boys` university preparatory school offering a day program for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12 and an urban boarding program for Grade 8 to 12. With a total enrollment of 1150, of which over 100 are boarding students from over 20 countries worldwide, St. George`s School has achieved national and international prominence in many academic, artistic, and athletic settings. The School enjoys the reputation as one of the preeminent schools in Canada. Here are some of its unique characteristics:
- We are Canada`s World School For Boys. There is compelling research evidence to suggest boys and girls learn differently. We are a school that focuses on the specific needs of boys while ensuring that each of our students has a global mindset.
- We are Committed to Authentic Learning. Gone are the days when learning was all about memorization. Using approaches like Harkness and project-based-learning, our students are consistently shown how to apply learning in real life, problem-solving contexts as they seek authentic connections between their curricular and real world problems.
- We Offer Some of the Most Diverse Curricular Options in North America. Whether it`s our Advanced Placement classes, Latin, Beekeeping club, rugby and basketball teams, or our award-winning bands and ensembles, breadth and depth is at the heart of who we are. At the Grade 10 Level, students can even choose our optional theme-based Majors called "cohort programs" that transcend multiple disciplines including: Science and Technology, Outdoor Education, Global Studies, and Performing Arts.
- Our Boarders Benefit from an Urban Boarding Program. Being a boarder at St. George`s does not mean being isolated, in fact, quite the opposite. We have over 100 boarders who come from 20+ countries worldwide, and we have achieved international prominence with our diverse student body. Our boarders interact with over 650 local day-students while they enjoy all of what Vancouver has to offer - whether urban, cultural, or outdoor.
- We Have an Extraordinary University Placement Rate. 100% of our 150+ graduates receive over 700 acceptances annually to over 140 universities worldwide and in excess of $2 million in scholarships.
- Our Boys Lead from Within. "Making a positive difference to your community." That`s how we define leadership at St. George`s. Guided by our six core values - Integrity, Humility, Resilience, Empathy, Respect, and Responsibility - our students lead from within in a school where every boy is known, loved, engaged, and achieving.
- St. George's School, Vancouver accreditations: CAIS, TABS, ISABC, IBSC, NAIS
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. George's School, Vancouver cost?
St. George's School, Vancouver's tuition is approximately $57,600 for boarding students and $26,000 for day students.
What sports does St. George's School, Vancouver offer?
St. George's School, Vancouver offers 24 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Orienteering, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball and Water Polo. St. George's School, Vancouver is ranked as one of the top boarding schools for most sports offered.
Does St. George's School, Vancouver offer a summer program?
Yes, St. George's School, Vancouver offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is St. George's School, Vancouver's ranking?
When is the application deadline for St. George's School, Vancouver?
The application deadline for St. George's School, Vancouver is Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).