St. George's School, Vancouver
4175 West 29th Avenue
Vancouver, BC, V6S1V1, Canada
Vancouver, BC, V6S1V1, Canada
Tel: (604) 221-3890
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #2 - Urban Boarding in Vancouver: students have access to many natural and urban activities throughout the city and nearby regions.
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #3 - St. George's School mission: Building Fine Young Men. One Boy at a Time.
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #4 - Make lifelong friends with interesting and driven students from around the world. Live with students from over 20 countries, and attend classes with local students who represent a mosaic of Canadian cultures.
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #5 - St. George's School graduates receive over 700 university acceptances each year from universities in Canada, USA, and the UK.
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #6 - Learn in and out of the classrooms through fun, engaging, and memorable experiences.
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #7 - St. George's School campuses are near the UBC campus, and within a 30-minute drive from Downtown Vancouver.
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #8 - Outdoor education focuses on building leadership skills, as well as environmental and social awareness.
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #9 - Faculty are specifically trained in their specialty areas, and passionate about boys learning.
St. George's School is a world-class boys' university preparatory school situated in Vancouver, Canada.
We offer a day program from Kindergarten to Grade 12, and an urban boarding experience to students from Grade 8 - 12.
The school offers a diverse curriculum including 100+ courses, 24 AP subjects, 50+ clubs, and 35+ sport options. Our Core Values-empathy, humility, integrity, respect, responsibility and resilience-are integral to every boy`s experience. With our mission to inspire our students to become fine young men who will shape positive futures for themselves, their families, and the global community, we have a strong emphasis on character development beyond academics.
We graduate fine young men who are able and willing to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
We use approaches like the Harkness method and project-based-learning which are ideal in a boys` learning environment, and our students are consistently shown how to apply learning in real life, problem-solving contexts as they seek authentic connections between their curricular and real world problems. Each year, we graduate about 150 students who receive around 700 university acceptances from top universities in Canada, USA, and overseas, and with over $2 million in scholarships.
St. George`s School has achieved national and international prominence in many academic, artistic, and athletic settings, and the school enjoys the reputation as one of the preeminent schools in Canada.
- Virtual Event - Thu., October 21, 2021 7:00pm (PDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., October 26, 2021 6:00pm (PDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Wed., November 10, 2021 10:00am (PST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Thu., November 18, 2021 6:00pm (PST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., November 23, 2021 6:00pm (PST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Thu., December 02, 2021 11:00am (PST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Thu., December 09, 2021 6:00pm (PST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Thu., January 13, 2022 6:00pm (PST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., January 25, 2022 6:00pm (PST) - get more information!
- ...read more
|Definition of Terms|
| 2021 School Data
|St. George's School, Vancouver|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 8-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||50 acres|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||24|
|ESL Courses Offered||No|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$25 million|
(Range: $57,600 - $78,300 CAD)
(Range: $26,000 - $41,300 CAD)
|Tuition international students||$78,300|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes|
|Director of Admissions||Reto Camenzind |
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||24|
|Courses||2-D/3-D Design Portfolio, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese Language and Culture, Comparative Government and Politics, Computer Science, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French, Human Geography, Latin, Microeconomics/Macroeconomics, Music Theory, Physics 1, Physics 2, Psychology, Spanish, Statistics, Studio Art, US History, World History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||24 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Orienteering, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||54 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Anime Comics Games, Bee Keeping, Business Club, Ceramics Club, Chess Club, Community Leadership, Competitive Math, Computer Science Club, Debate Club, Destination Imagination, Duke of Edinburgh, Dungeons and Dragons, Each One Teach One, Esports, Film Club, Foosball, Gender Sexuality Alliance (GSA), Global Perspectives Community Service, Green Machine Recycling, Investment Club, Journalism, Law Club, Library Monitors, Makers, Marketing Club, Math Challengers, Model United Nations, Odd Squad Peer Tutoring, Portfolio (Writing), Public Speaking, Radio Control, Robotics, Schoolreach Quiz Teams, Sew You Can Cook, STEM Club, Summit Club, Table Top Games, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Design Club, Guitar Club, Improv Club, Jazz Combo, Life Drawing, Literary and Art Publication, Open Studio Art, Portfolio (Art), Saints Players Theatre Co. (Theatre Production)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Curling, Fitness, Snowboarding, Table Tennis, Triathlon, Yoga
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Our Mission: Building Fine Young Men, One Boy at a Time.
- St. George`s School is a world-class boys` university preparatory school offering a day program for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12 and an urban boarding program for Grade 8 to 12. With a total enrollment of 1150, of which over 100 are boarding students from over 20 countries worldwide, St. George`s School has achieved national and international prominence in many academic, artistic, and athletic settings. The School enjoys the reputation as one of the preeminent schools in Canada. Here are some of its unique characteristics:
- We are Canada`s World School For Boys. There is compelling research evidence to suggest boys and girls learn differently. We are a school that focuses on the specific needs of boys while ensuring that each of our students has a global mindset.
- We are Committed to Authentic Learning. Gone are the days when learning was all about memorization. Using approaches like Harkness and project-based-learning, our students are consistently shown how to apply learning in real life, problem-solving contexts as they seek authentic connections between their curricular and real world problems.
- We Offer Some of the Most Diverse Curricular Options in North America. Whether it`s our Advanced Placement classes, Latin, Beekeeping club, rugby and basketball teams, or our award-winning bands and ensembles, breadth and depth is at the heart of who we are. At the Grade 10 Level, students can even choose our optional theme-based Majors called "cohort programs" that transcend multiple disciplines including: Science and Technology, Outdoor Education, Global Studies, and Performing Arts.
- Our Boarders Benefit from an Urban Boarding Program. Being a boarder at St. George`s does not mean being isolated, in fact, quite the opposite. We have over 100 boarders who come from 20+ countries worldwide, and we have achieved international prominence with our diverse student body. Our boarders interact with over 650 local day-students while they enjoy all of what Vancouver has to offer - whether urban, cultural, or outdoor.
- We Have an Extraordinary University Placement Rate. 100% of our 150+ graduates receive over 700 acceptances annually to over 140 universities worldwide and in excess of $2 million in scholarships.
- Our Boys Lead from Within. "Making a positive difference to your community." That`s how we define leadership at St. George`s. Guided by our six core values - Integrity, Humility, Resilience, Empathy, Respect, and Responsibility - our students lead from within in a school where every boy is known, loved, engaged, and achieving.
- St. George's School, Vancouver accreditations: CAIS, TABS, ISABC, IBSC, NAIS
Profile last updated: 08/23/2021
- Submit Review for St. George's School, Vancouver
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12 | 550 students 6.5 miles955 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7P 3S4
Thinking about making a major gift to your school? How about endowing a faculty chair? More here.
American boarding schools have always welcomed international students. Rigorous academic programs, extensive athletic programs, and a wide range of extracurricular activities attract students from all over the world.
Admissions to boarding school is a process with many components. The process can be confusing to parents dealing with boarding school admissions for the first time. We guide you through the process.