St. George's School, Vancouver
4175 West 29th Avenue
Vancouver, BC 00001, Canada
Vancouver, BC 00001, Canada
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #2 - St. George's School mission: Building Fine Young Men. One Boy at a Time.
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #3 - Make lifelong friends with interesting and driven students from around the world. Live with students from over 20 countries, and attend classes with local students who represent a mosaic of Canadian cultures.
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #4 - Urban Boarding in Vancouver: students have access to many natural and urban activities throughout the city and nearby regions.
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #5 - St. George's School graduates receive over 700 university acceptances each year from universities in Canada, USA, and the UK.
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #6 - Learn in and out of the classrooms through fun, engaging, and memorable experiences.
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #7 - Boys are encouraged to stay active with PE classes and over 100 athletic options (recreational or competitive).
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #8 - St. George's School campuses are near the UBC campus, and within a 30-minute drive from Downtown Vancouver.
St. George's School, Vancouver Photo #9 - Outdoor education focuses on building leadership skills, as well as environmental and social awareness.
- Our Mission: Building Fine Young Men, One Boy at a Time.
- Founded in 1930, St. George's School is a world-class boys' university preparatory school offering a day program to boys in Grade 1 to 12 and a boarding program in Grades 8 to 12.
- The school is known for its breadth and depth of curricular offerings, over 70 academic electives, 50 athletic options, and 60 clubs.
- A robust university guidance department ensures that, each year, 100 % of the graduating class, receives multiple offers to universities in Canada, USA, and overseas.
- A boy-friendly education environment where students are well-supported, challenged, and inspired by teachers and boarding community.
- A powerful alumni network that connects current students with alumni in the fields of business, politics, medicine, entertainment, athletics, and many more.
Top 20 Placements
St. George's School, Vancouver is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 329 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|St. George's School, Vancouver|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 8-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades 1-12|
|Campus Size||23 acres|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||26|
|ESL Courses Offered||No|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$25 million|
(Range: $50065 - $68085 CAD)
(Range: $24950 - $36230 CAD)
|Tuition international students||$68,085|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / Dec. 1 / rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Reto Camenzind |
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||26|
|Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government and Politics, Computer Science, Economics (Macro), Economics (Micro), English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, French, Human Geography, Japanese, Latin, Mandarin, Music, Physics 1, Physics 2, Psychology, Spanish, Statistics (blended), Statistics (in class), US History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||20 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Cycling, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||73 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Amnesty International Club, Animation Club, Astronomy Club, Basketball Club, Bee Keeping, Book Club, Business Club, Ceramics Club, Choir, Creative Writing Club, Curling Club, Debate Club, Dragon Boating, Field Sports, Foreign, Gender Sexuality Alliance (GSA), Georgian Yearbook, Global, Gosu, Green Machine, Guitar Club, Hockey Club, Improv Club, Investment Club, Korean, Library Monitors, Martial Arts, Math Challengers, Mountain Biking, Open, OPUS, Peer Tutoring Club, Politcal, Road Hockey, Rowing, Saints Conference (MUN), Saints' TV, Science, SCUBA, Ski/Snowboarding, Southeast Asian Cultural Club, Summit Outdoors Club, Textile, Ventures 34th Scout Group, Volleyball, Writing, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Chinese Language & Culture Club, Classics Club, Life Drawing, Saints' Players, Wind Ensemble, Woodworking
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Club, Ball Hockey, Concert Club, Design Club, Destination Imagination, Documentary, Flag Football, Nobel Science Club, Percussions, Pool, Portfolio, Programming, Robotics, Rock Climbing, Schoolreach, Spin Biking, Table Tennis, Tennis, Touch Rugby, Water Polo
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Our Mission: Building Fine Young Men, One Boy at a Time.
- St. George`s School is a world-class boys` university preparatory school offering a day program for students in Grade 1 to 12 and a boarding program for Grade 8 to 12. With a total enrollment of 1150, of which 110 are boarding students from over 20 countries worldwide, St. George`s School has achieved national and international prominence in many academic, artistic, and athletic competitions. The School enjoys the reputation as one of the preeminent schools in Canada. Here are some of its unique characteristics:
- We are Canada`s World School For Boys. There is compelling research evidence to suggest boys and girls learn differently. We are a school that focuses on the specific needs of boys while ensuring that each of our students has a global mindset.
- We are Committed to Authentic Learning. Gone are the days when learning was all about memorization. Using approaches like Harkness and project-based-learning, our students are consistently shown how to apply learning in real life, problem-solving contexts as they seek authentic connections between their curricular and real world problems.
- We Offer Some of the Most Diverse Curricular Options in North America. Whether it`s our Advanced Placement classes, Latin, Underwater Robotics Club, rugby and basketball teams, or our seven award-winning bands and ensembles, breadth and depth is at the heart of who we are. At the Grade 10 Level, students choose our optional theme-based Majors called "cohort programs" that transcend multiple disciplines including: Science and Technology, Outdoor Education, Global Studies, and Performing Arts.
- Our Boarders Benefit from an Urban Boarding Program. Being a boarder at St. George`s does not mean being isolated. Our boarders, who come from 20+ countries worldwide, interact with over 650 local day-students while they enjoy all of what Vancouver has to offer - whether urban, cultural, or outdoor.
- We Have an Extraordinary University Placement Rate. 100% of our 160+ graduates receive over 740 acceptances annually to over 140 universities worldwide and in excess of $2 million in scholarships.
- Our Boys Lead from Within. "Making a positive difference to your community." That`s how we define leadership at St. George`s. Guided by our six core values - Integrity, Humility, Resilience, Empathy, Respect, and Responsibility - our students lead from within in a school where every boy is known, loved, engaged, and achieving.
- St. George's School, Vancouver accreditations: CAIS, TABS, ISABC, IBSC
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for St. George's School, Vancouver
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12 | 650 students 5.7 miles955 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7P 3S4
- Grades: 8-12| 998 students 55.4 miles3400 Richmond Road
Victoria, Canada V8P 4P5
- Grades: 5-12 | 125 students 2105.4 miles6727 South Chippawa Rd
Wellandport, Ontario, Canada 12345
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
Private school mottoes speak to the high-minded purposes for which most schools were founded.
If you are just beginning to explore boarding schools, this article will give you an overview of the subject. We also point out a couple of things to watch for as you begin your exploration.