4391 County Rd. 29
Lakefield K0L2H0, Canada
Lakefield K0L2H0, Canada
'Not one day passes without thinking back on my time at LCS. Because of my experience, I studied at top universities in England, my Bachelors at Warwick Business School and my Masters at Cass Business School, securing my first 'real' job at Rothschild. LCS recognized and realized a potential in me that I didn't know I had. LCS ALUMNUS
'Clubs, sports and extracurricular activities have been essential to my LCS life. I have participated in the Environmental Action Force, choir, band, Safe Spaces, art, photography and recreational sailing clubs. I have played on the Varsity Field Hockey and Volleyball teams and designed costumes for three plays. LCS has taught me the merit in exposing yourself to different experiences.'
'What I like best about my school is that it is a place where I am free to be myself. LCS not only encourages difference, it actually thrives on it. High school can be a struggle between who you want to be and who you really are. Lakefield made me feel comfortable in my own skin from the very beginning.'
- The best thing about LCS is our people, the warm community and commitment of our students and staff.
- These elements lie at the core of a LCS education and the "pride of school" radiates from so many who have experiences here.
- Our beautiful campus, a fantastic 315-acre outdoor classroom with a lake, fields, forests and small residences, enhances this pride.
- It doesn`t feel like a school at all. Yet, our graduates receive offers of admission to exceptional universities around the world, following their passion in a variety of fields.
Upcoming Events and News:
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Lakefield College School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||315 acres|
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||8|
|ESL Courses Offered||No|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$30 million
($1.9M in annual assistance to 1 in 4 students)
|Tuition international students||$63,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$17,439|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Sarah Milligan|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||8|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus/Vectors with Advanced Functions, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Extended French, AP Politics|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||22 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Ice Hockey, Kayaking, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||23 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Acting, Art Club, Chess Club, Community Service Club, Concert Club, Debate Club, Directing, Duke of Edinburgh Award, Environment Club, Habitat for Humanity, Intramural Sports, Jazz Club, LakEffect Jazz Band, Lighting design, Lorelei Consort, Paddle Making Club, Photography Club, Production, Set design, Student Council, Study Abroad, Theatre design, Yearbook Club|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- 1 hours northeast of Toronto
- Students from 28 countries
- 100% of students accepted to top universities worldwide
- Schoolwide Leadership, Character, Values program
- Summer Courses: lcs.on.ca/summeracademy
- 315-acres of forest and fields on Lake Katchewanooka
- Advanced Placement courses
- Outdoor Education program
- Average of 23 students in each of our 12 houses
- School accreditations: Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), Round Square, National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Submit Review for Lakefield College School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12 | 260 students 320.6 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
June 19, 2017
There are many reasons to go to boarding school. The academics, the athletics and the extracurricular activities are just a few considerations. Here are the 10 top reasons why you should go to boarding school.
June 03, 2017
Is boarding school right for you? Boarding schools offer a wealth of experiences in both learning and living which will do you well in later life.
June 03, 2017
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.