Lakefield College School
Lakefield College School Photo #2 - "Not one day passes without thinking back on my time at LCS. Because of my experience, I studied at top universities in England, my Bachelors at Warwick Business School and my Masters at Cass Business School, securing my first "real" job at Rothschild. LCS recognized and realized a potential in me that I didn't know I had. LCS ALUMNUS
Lakefield College School Photo #3 - "Clubs, sports and extracurricular activities have been essential to my LCS life. I have participated in the Environmental Action Force, choir, band, Safe Spaces, art, photography and recreational sailing clubs. I have played on the Varsity Field Hockey and Volleyball teams and designed costumes for three plays. LCS has taught me the merit in exposing yourself to different experiences."
Lakefield College School Photo #5 - "What I like best about my school is that it is a place where I am free to be myself. LCS not only encourages difference, it actually thrives on it. High school can be a struggle between who you want to be and who you really are. Lakefield made me feel comfortable in my own skin from the very beginning."
- The best thing about LCS is our people, the warm community and commitment of our students and staff.
- These elements lie at the core of a LCS education and the "pride of school" radiates from so many who have experiences here.
- Our beautiful campus, a fantastic 315-acre outdoor classroom with a lake, fields, forests and small residences, enhances this pride.
- It doesn`t feel like a school at all. Yet, our graduates receive offers of admission to exceptional universities around the world, following their passion in a variety of fields.
Upcoming Events and News:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Lakefield College School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||315 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||8|
|ESL Courses Offered||No|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$30 million|
(Approx. $2M in financial aid to 1-in-3 students)
|Tuition international students||$63,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$17,439|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Sarah Milligan|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||8|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus/Vectors with Advanced Functions, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Extended French, AP Politics|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||22 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Ice Hockey, Kayaking, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||27 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Community Service Club, Musical Theater, Mystery Club, Photography Club, Sailing/Crew, Student Council, Study Abroad, Traveling Musicians, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Acting, Adopt-a-Grandparent, GNH - Gross National Happiness, Greentastic Lamps, Martial Arts, Rock Climbing, Yoga, Fitness, Archery, Production, Set design, Theatre design, THINK Tank, Varsity Math Team, Wrists4Rights
Recreational Athletic Programs:
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- 1 hours northeast of Toronto
- Students from 28 countries
- 100% of students accepted to top universities worldwide
- Schoolwide Leadership, Character, Values program
- Summer Courses: lcs.on.ca/summeracademy
- 315-acres of forest and fields on Lake Katchewanooka
- Advanced Placement courses
- Outdoor Education program
- Average of 23 students in each of our 12 houses
- Lakefield College School accreditations: Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), Round Square, National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Lakefield College School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12 | 260 students 320.5 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
Learn why more and more students are choosing to do a gap or post graduate (PG) year at boarding school.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.