Suffield Academy - Review #9
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||Bethany College, WV|
|Home Town, State (Country)||New York, NY|
|Years Attended Boarding School||3|
|Activities During Boarding School||Varsity soccer track wrestling Dorm proctor Debate club Admissions tour guide|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
Faculty focused on me and didn't allow me to slip through cracks. Highly recommend school.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
I will always remember my days at Suffield. The school allowed me to grow and assured my future by keeping me on track and helping me find a college that met my needs. If I were in a public high school I doubt I would gave ended up in college.
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
Like so many things in life I wish I had taken my academics more seriously and fully took advantage of what I was afforded. For someone who was afraid to take chances Suffield drew me out by laying opportunities in front of me then slowly nudging me without "pressure".
4.) What did you like most about your school?
The small size. The faculty that was so enthusiastic. The sense of community.
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
Suffield is a great place. My brother went to a "higher rated" school but they failed grossly in the small things and it showed.
1.) Describe the academics at your school - what did you like most about it?
Classes were challenging, and fully prepped you to meet challenges of college. Full accountability was the norm. Weren't allowed to get behind. If you were struggling you were immediately called in for extra help. Just wish the language requirement was more.
1.) Describe the athletics at your school - what did you like most about it?
Highly competitive. Teams during my time were highly competitive. Wrestling produced national champs. Swim program was building. Facilities were top notch. All were required to take part. All levels of competitiveness available.
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
Town is small. Limited stores. One grocery store, limited restaurants within walking distance. Charming New England town. Bradley international airport just down the road.
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
Social life was great. Activities were plentiful. Many opportunities to get engaged in travel and alike.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Loyola Marymount University One of the best things about suffield is the teachers. I had never been to a school where they care so much. I got really close with my advisor and they helped me a great. . .
- Northeastern University It's centralized location to a (sudo) urban city- Hartford while at the same time maintaining the quintessential large open landscape that boarding schools are known for. . .
- Tufts University Suffield is an extremely tight-knit community. I knew every single person by name and could hold a decent conversation with almost everyone. The teachers are like second parents who will listen to all of your. . .
- University of South Carolina Mandatory leadership class Freshman and Sophomore years Mandatory work-job for each student as well as mandatory leadership position for seniors. . .
- University of Miami I applaud Suffield on several things but perhaps the most important is the way they have modernized. I have attended other schools that stick to the traditional boarding school model and do not stray an. . .
March 22, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 14, 2018
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.