Howe Military Academy - Review #4
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||Benedictine University|
|Home Town, State (Country)||Wheaton, IL|
|Years Attended Boarding School||2|
|Activities During Boarding School||While in attendance, I participated in tennis, rifle team, and the first annual talent show. On the tennis team I was team captain my senior year, and ranked as 1st Sgt of Echo Company on the corps.|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
The class sizes allow for educators to cater to the needs of each student. Taking time to clarify a subject to a student that may not have a grasp on the material yet is not an obstacle, but rather it is encouraged. The caring nature of all staff is obvious. These are educators, military veterans, and academic professionals that choose to be in their position for the betterment of the corps of cadets.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
Without Howe, I would have never had the tools to turn my life around. To finish school, marry, raise children.
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
I would have been more open with my peers from the beginning.
4.) What did you like most about your school?
The educators genuinely caring about the students well being, and the bonds formed with peers.
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
Enjoy every facet of Howe by attending.
1.) Describe the dorm life in your school - what did you like most about it?
The camaraderie that is established in the dorms is unparalleled. The school is international, so the students are paired with peers from all walks of life. The bonds that form are incomparable. The best man at my wedding and still my best friend to this day came from Howe.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Ivy Tech Howe military really brought me out of my shell, and showed me how to be a leader. I also got more individual help on all my school work, if I had any questions. Howe put. . .
- Purdue University One unique aspect of Howe was that incorporated the military into every aspect of the day. From uniforms to the schedule it showed you how being in the military was really like and I don't. . .
- US Navy I liked the fact that we had a lot of one on one with teachers. And academics played a huge role in that aspect, my grades flew because I had a teacher focus more time. . .
- Benedictine University The class sizes allow for educators to cater to the needs of each student. Taking time to clarify a subject to a student that may not have a grasp on the material yet is not. . .
- Adrian College I wouldn't of graduated if it wasn't for Howe. I wouldn't of landed and retired from the medical field if it wasn't for Howe. I wouldn't of gotten a quality education if it wasn't for. . .
April 20, 2018
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.
March 22, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.