Hebron Academy - Review #4
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||South Dakota State University|
|Home Town, State (Country)||Jackson, WY|
|Years Attended Boarding School||2|
|Activities During Boarding School||Varsity Basketball, varsity football, jv tennis, and jv lacrosse.|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
The teachers were very helpful in assisting and facilitating learning in the classroom. The campus was small and the school community was comfortable and tranquil. There was the opportunity to get to know every one on campus and form close bonds. The sports teams were fun and competitive. I received very helpful assistance from staff in searching and getting accepted to college.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
My experience there allowed me to meet people from around the world and get to know a different region of the country. I still have friends I talk to from my days in Hebron.
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
Meet everyone and get involved in all the activities and social events. Definitely participate in sports or other groups! Stay focused on the studies.
4.) What did you like most about your school?
It was a awesome place to spent my last year's of high school and the friendships I formed was the most rewarding aspect for me!
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
I'd say it's important to try out everything the school has to offer and go out on the field trips and attend other school functions.
1.) Describe the academics at your school - what did you like most about it?
There were great teachers that provided insight and class discussion. The coursework helped me to prepare for college level classes. The school set up a balanced daily schedule including study time that mirrors what is needed to succeed in the college environment.
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
There was Oxford hills ten miles away for movies. Then there was trips to Portland every weekend to check out old town. Sometimes we would go to Boston. Hebron was basically just the school campus.
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
It was rewarding to get to know everyone at school, since it was a small campus. Lots of time to socialize and get quality time together.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Carnegie Mellon University Hebron is my home and the home of hundreds of my peers. It is a tightly knit community filled with a highly engaging and focused energy. It is the kind of place where. . .
- Trinity College I loved everything about my time at Hebron. It was truly a community, without the cliques I had come to expect at public school - sure, people had their groups of friends, but no one. . .
- Eckerd College Hebron Academy is a small day and boarding school in rural Hebron, Maine about an hour outside of Portland. I began my Hebron career in 6th grade and continued on, graduating as a senior in. . .
- South Dakota State University The teachers were very helpful in assisting and facilitating learning in the classroom. The campus was small and the school community was comfortable and tranquil. There was the opportunity to get to know every one. . .
- Bay State College Hebron Academy was my home for 2 years and completely changed me as a person! During my time at Hebron Academy I was able to find myself, improve my academics tremendously going from an average. . .
August 14, 2018
An education consultant knows schools. Like any professional he has vast experience in and knowledge of his chosen field.
August 02, 2018
Explore the different types of boarding school options in the US. Find which type of boarding school is most appropriate for you.
July 18, 2018
It makes sense to cast your net widely when looking at boarding schools. Here's why.